I am a board-certified Editor in the Life Sciences and have earned a certificate in medical writing from the American Medical Writers Association. Because of my background as a veterinarian, I read research articles from a clinician’s point of view and easily translate medical jargon for general audiences.
My medical communications work includes the following:
- Writing summaries of recently published research
- Writing medical/veterinary news and feature articles
- Writing educational blog posts for pet owners
- Editing, writing, and fact checking pharmaceutical education and marketing materials
- Editing and styling research articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Editing and proofreading practice guidelines, continuing education materials, and newsletters for professional medical societies
- Editing for authors whose first language is not English
I earned a doctorate in veterinary medicine from North Carolina State University, completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Auburn University, and practiced small-animal veterinary medicine for years before founding my medical writing and editing business. I still see patients a few days a month (not to mention my own dogs, who occasionally make themselves heard during phone calls with clients!).