As a medical editor, I help you ensure that your documents are clear and written in language appropriate for your audience. I understand the science of medicine (I’m a medical professional myself), and my clients appreciate my eye for detail and my professional editing expertise.
- Substantive editing
- Language editing or rewriting for authors whose first language is not English
- Ensuring consistent style within a document
- Applying American Medical Association style and house styles
- Formatting to journal style requirements
- Reducing word count
- Eliminating jargon
- Fact checking (if annotated reference PDFs are provided)
Services I don’t provide
I’m not the best fit for your project if you need these services:
- Plagiarism detection
I have a fairly good eye for changes of voice and will flag plagiarism if I notice it, but I don’t use plagiarism detection software and can’t guarantee that I will find problematic text.
- Journal suggestions for research article submission
I began to work through your patient and thoughtful work and I am impressed.
…I like your version of the paragraph. It is more concise. As usual you caught the “internal logic” of my convoluted thinking.
Dr. OL, Israel
Thank you so immensely, for the detailed editing and the guidance. I am most grateful.
Dr. Ukachukwu Abaraogu, Nigeria