A medical editor ensures that your documents are clear, concise, and appropriate for your audience. I understand the science of medicine (I’m a medical professional too), and my clients appreciate my eye for detail and my editing expertise.
- Substantive editing
- Language editing or rewriting for authors whose first language is not English
- Ensuring consistent style within a document
- Applying American Medical Association (AMA) style and house styles
- Formatting to journal style requirements
- Reducing word count
- Eliminating jargon
- Fact checking (if annotated reference PDFs are provided)
Services I don’t provide
I’m not the best fit for your project if you need these services:
- Plagiarism detection software
I’ll flag plagiarism if I find it while editing, but I can’t guarantee that I will find problematic text.
- Journal suggestions for research article submission
I really appreciate your excellent copyediting work! You are a very strong copyeditor and you ask really good author queries. Unfortunately for you that means I usually send you the hardest articles! Hope you don’t mind. I certainly rely on your expertise.Rebecka Wulf, managing editor of Critical Care Nurse
I want to commend you for the masterful job you did editing the…manuscript. I finally finished going over it line by line and reading against the unedited manuscript. Your edits clarified and tightened up the writing while following AMA style, you caught a discrepancy between data in a table and the abstract/text, and you never altered the author’s meaning and often elegantly clarified it. Queries were appropriate and clearly phrased. Nothing was rephrased gratuitously–it’s a balancing act of clarifying while keeping the author’s meaning and tone, and you did a beautiful job.Managing editor of American Journal of Critical Care